You are here
Introducing the WISC V: administration, application and interpretation
This workshop provides a comprehensive introduction to the use and interpretation of the new Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children – Fifth Edition (WISC-V). The 2016 version of the WISC incorporates a number of significant changes in structure, administration and scoring. On the basis of contemporary research in neuropsychology and cognitive information processing, the WISC-V has been designed to provide reliable and valid measures of aspects of cognitive functioning related to learning disabilities, language difficulties, and disorders of attention and executive functioning.
The primary aim of the workshop is to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to use, interpret and report the results of the WISC-V. The major changes to the battery will be reviewed, with discussion of the new theoretical structure of the WISC-V, examination of the five new subtests, and changes to administration and scoring.
By the end of this workshop participants will:
- Have the knowledge of changes to the administration of the WISC-V
- Understand the psychometric properties of the WISC-V
- Understand the WISC-V in terms of current research in neuropsychological and cognitive information processing
- Understanding of the administration of five new subtests through the use of demonstration
- Have un understandings of the strengths and weaknesses of the WISC-V
- Select when to appropriately use the WISC-V
- Participants will be introduced to a step-by-step approach for analysing WISC-V profiles, and for generating hypotheses concerning the interpretation of the results obtained, including the diagnosis of intellectual disability, developmental learning disorders and cognitive disabilities through the use of case studies.
$275 + GST^
$325 + GST^
$175 + GST^
* Early bird registration closes 6 weeks prior to the date of each workshop.
^Prices listed above do not include GST. GST is added at point of sale.
Vibe Hotel (Goulburn Street)
20 May 2016 (8:30am - 5pm)
Vibe Savoy (Little Collins Street)
2 June 2016 (8:30am - 5pm)
Adina Adelaide Treasury (2 Flinders Street)
3 June 2016 (8:30am - 5pm)
Adina Hotel Perth (33 Mounts Bay Road)
10 June 2016 (8:30am - 5pm)
Rendezvous Hotel (103 George Street)
17 June 2016 (8:30am - 5pm)
If participants give more than 7 days notice (prior to the date of the workshop), participants will be eligible for a full refund, minus a $50 administration fee. If participants provide less than 7 days notice (prior to the date of the workshop), participants will not be eligible for a refund.